Nice, the beautiful French city I had always remembered from the magazines set on the idyllic Cote d’Azur.
Walk up Castle Hill
- Here is where you will find that picture perfect moment overlooking the promenade on one side and the port on the other.
Rollerskate / Bike / Walk Along the Promenade
- But actually just find some skates because that would be boss. The promenade stretches for miles, plenty of time to get the coordination together.
Take a dip in the Mediterranean Sea
- and buy a bottle of $2 wine, some cheap baguettes and cheese and park up on the stony beach.
- Nothing French about Wayne’s Bar but I can guarantee you will end up dancing on the tables.
Explore Old Town and the Port
- Get lost wandering around the old town, try some Socca, eat lots of pizza and people watch
- Villa Saint Exupury Beach Hostel
- Good location, good common areas and $1 beers at happy hour. Winning.
- Hostel Meyerbeer Beach
- A bit further away but a smaller, easy place to meet people and the staff are awesome.
- Nice is a good spot to base yourself out of to explore and do day trips around the rest of the Cote d’Ázur so aim to stay at least 4 or 5 nights.